List of functions include repair command for damaged ZIP and RAR files, benchmark function compatible with Rarlab’s WinRAR benchmark, recovery record, usual and recovery volumes, encryption, solid archives, utilizing multiple CPU cores to compress data.
Additionally to standard ZIP files, unzip function supports ZIP and ZIPX with BZIP2, LZMA and PPMd compression. Unrar command is available for all versions of RAR archives including the latest RAR5. Both UDF and ISO9660 ISO file format can be unpacked.
If you wish to help us translating RAR to your language, please download RAR for Android language files in “RAR extras” section of www.rarlab.com and follow instructions in readme.txt. Thank you.
- “Repair” command efficiency is improved for recovery record protected RAR5 archives. Now it can detect deletions and insertions of unlimited size also as shuffled data including data taken from several recovery record protected archives and merged into a single file in arbitrary order.
- RAR could not restore the dictionary size saved in compression profile, so default size was used instead.
- Fixed crashes when unpacking corrupt RAR archives.
- “Checksum error” could be mistakenly reported for some valid GZIP archives.
- “Paste” and “Remove paste button” buttons are displayed on the toolbar after copying files to clipboard. You can use “Paste” button instead of context menu to paste files. Context menu “Paste” command is available too. Long press “Paste” button to see names of files to paste.
- Top file list item displays SD card total and free sizes for folders and unpacked and packed sizes for archives.
- Added extraction support for ZIP and ZIPX archives using XZ compression algorithm.
- If ZIP or ZIPX archive contains any algorithms except usual “Store” or “Deflate”, algorithm names are displayed in “Version to unpack” field of archive information dialog.
- Fixed a crash when reparing a single volume from mutivolume ZIP archive.
- Added a warning message when displaying contents of truncated archives.